A Perfect 10: SMART Sprayable Seam Sealer
Ready, set, spray with the SMART Sprayable Seam Sealers! This product allows you to spray a variety of textured seams and sound dampening pads while providing a high-quality result. The video and steps below will take you through the simple preparation steps and standard operating procedure.
Required repair supplies:
- SMART Sprayable Seam Sealer with tip
- SMART Spreader or optional application tip contouring tool
- A SMART Sprayable Seam Sealer Applicator with optional brass air regulator
- A manual caulking gun to prep your tube
- Proper PPE Equipment – Nitrile gloves
Preparation and SOP:
- Cut off the end of the tube
- Puncture the internal seal
- Place the tube in the caulking gun
- Dispense a small amount of product to dislodge the piston (Note: This eliminates air bubbles.)
- Remove tube and set it aside
- Take applicator and twist off the barrel
- Insert your tube
- Put the barrel back on
- Set your air pressure to 45-55 psi
- Adjust your gun to proper consistency of product by testing out the spray from a variety of distances and within the range of air pressure
In just 10 steps and less than 10 minutes you’re ready to go with the SMART Sprayable Seam Sealer. It doesn’t get easier than that!
To learn more about SMART, click the link to visit our SMART landing page.